As part of our final SUEUAA event, an international conference in Harare, Zimbabwe on the 9-10th May 2019, we are inviting presentations from external speakers and delegates other Universities and Cities to share their own experiences of community engagement.
We invite presentations that address questions such as:
- What lessons can be learned from how Universities engage with communities?
- How can University and local business links be improved?
- What social or technical innovations are possible when Universities, local business, and Government work together?
- What is the role of the charitable and NGO sector in addressing the 3rd Mission of a University through community engagement?
- How can we better integrate community knowledge into how Universities work?
We particularly welcome presentations where the author has direct experience working between Universities and their communities, particularly in the Global South. We welcome insights from areas of education, health and medicine, engineering, environmental studies, and economics among others.
If you wish to present at the conference, please submit the following:
- An Abstract of approximately 150 words of your proposed presentation online to the following email addresses; Joanne.Neary@glasgow.ac.uk and email@example.com;
- Brief personal profile / biography of not more than 150 words, stating the full names of all contributors to your paper, institution, and specialist area / research interests;
- An electronic passport size photograph of presenters.
Deadline for abstracts is 18th March 2019 and authors of successful abstracts will be informed through email not later than by 2 April 2019.
While we are unable to offer travel bursaries or accommodation for presenters, the event is free to attend, and lunch is provided.
For more details on the event, please refer to the attached document below.